Friday 5 October 2018

Denial

Sometimes,
I want you so bad
It feels like I'm sweating
inside my teeth, like I'm an
hourglass emptying grain by grain.

I'm
losing myself
in muscle's constrict
that restrict the flow of
blood to my brain and I leave
myself who's quickly going insane.

I wander
as a spirit about
our town, leaving my
body with you. I don't know
what he'll do but I don't really care
because I'm not there, I'm wandering
moon and star, listening to cars on the smooth
pavement, observing young men, loud and obnoxious,
the firetrucks pass, red lights igniting the night, sirens screaming
someone's plight and I return to one sleeping as dead, rejoining the thread
of life.

8 comments:

  1. This is such a powerful poem! It's an amazing little story and has a very "film noir" feel for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara. I see what you mean about the "film noir". Nice.

      Delete
  2. Very intense! That last stanza is gut-wrenching. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very descriptive and very atmospheric poem. Liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I was right. ethereal

    ReplyDelete