Sunday 7 October 2018

Dear Rob

I am afraid I might not be of much use anymore,
having given up on trying to fix my life.
And I don't think yours needs repair,
in spite of the great unhappiness.
You see, I've found a new way and
I feel a new joy. I've given in,
surrendered to things as they are.
And all the pressure people put on me,
seems now to be comical, even funny.
I've given up on money. After all the worry,
all the sweat, I'm still in debt but not very
bad and I live a good life, I have a good wife.
And even if I didn't I don't think it would matter.
Things take care of themselves, you know
what I mean. I heard a friend say that
the universe supports everything. It knows
what it's doing. It's kinda like God has a
plan for each life. And there's something there,
like the air. You can't see it but it keeps you alive.


Cheers,

your brother.

1 comment:

  1. I watched the kids movie, A Wrinkle in Time (2018) last night. The little girl in the movie was putting herself down and wanted to give up. One of the 3 wise women who were helping the kids told her: "Do you realize how many events and choices that had to occur since the birth of the universe, leading to the making of you just exactly the way you are?" I thought it was profound. Your poem made me think of it.

    ReplyDelete