Tuesday 16 October 2018

Catch Me Now

I never believed I would survive the things I’ve been through,
But catch me now I’m falling,
I never believed I could survive the things I’ve been through.

To love too much is to have your heart torn out.
But you learn to endure it, take it in stride
when you’ve been through the things I’ve been through.

Always imagining things that don’t happen,
but other things do, taking their place.
and you learn to endure it, take it in stride.

It seems there’s a plan to break down the code
of beliefs you were trained in, your bedrock of truth.
Because when different things happen, it changes your life.

It’s in taking the chances that breaks the hard ground.
I never believed I would ever survive.
It’s in taking the chances that breaks the hard ground.

I never believed I could ever survive, let alone prosper. 

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I can relate to this so much, especially the refrain 'I never believed I could ever survive, let alone prosper'. Thanks for this poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Rod. Much appreciated

      Delete
  2. This one hits home. I have to believe in divine intervention when looking back.

    ReplyDelete